July & August Events 2019

Intro Forums Event Talk July & August Events 2019

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bob Taylor 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Bob Taylor
    Keymaster

7.11.19 Vettogether July’s Vettogether is at Twin Peaks, 2037 S Memorial Drive. They always have good food and if you bring in your key fob they will give you a discount on your dinner. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

7.20.19 Urban Station Cruise we will be cruising to the Urban Station in downtown Fort Gibson. We will meet at 11:30 and leave at 11:45 from the Kum & Go on OK 51 and Oneta Road. The restaurant has an all you can eat Pizza, Salad and Soup buffet for $9.95 or you can order off the menu (they have sandwiches and baked potatoes also). For dessert they have Turtle Brownie Sundae, Cheese Cake or Italian Cream Cake or you can visit their ice cream and candy store downstairs. They also have a gift shop located downstairs that I think everyone will enjoy. The restaurant is upstairs but they do have a 2 person elevator if you are not able to do the stairs. They are setting up a private room just for us. The owner is also setting up private parking at the Century 21 across the street and when that parking lot is full please just park along the street.
    This is the first time TVS has visited the Urban Station (it has been on Discover Oklahoma a few times) so I hope we have a BIG TURNOUT.
    Hope to see everyone on the 20th. Terri Liles

8.3.19 Mystery Cruise Save the date of Saturday August 3rd for a Mystery Cruise to the east. If I told you where we are going it won’t be a mystery cruise anymore.

Meeting place and time (approximately around Noon) will be announced next month after the route has been planned and test driven. With the weather we’ve had lately road conditions need to be checked out first before the meeting place and route are planned.
    Norwin Harral

8.15.19 Vettogether at 6:00 pm is going to be at a local we have not been to as a group before. It will be at the Black Bear Dinner at 9026 E 71st St, Tulsa. Food is good and the pies are excellent so save some room. Looking forward to seeing you there, if you have any questions please contact me Terri Lahita, 918-606-3281

08.17.19 Owasso Car Show The Owasso FFA car show will be August 17th at the High School (12901 E. 86th Street North). TVS will be judging the show again this year and they will give a donation to the LLH for us judging the cars. They expect 200 cars so we need 15 to 20 judges and if you want to help but not judge we will also need runners so we can get the sheets to Jamie. You can enter a car in the show but if it is a Corvette it will be judged by someone other than a TVS member. Registration is from 7:00 to 9:00 so please be there by 8:30 so we can have a meeting and start judging by 9:00. It will be a fun day so I hope you can volunteer. This is a rain or shine event, so if it does rain we will just be done earlier than expected.

Bob Liles
    918-639-1385
    Bliles64@aol.com

9.21.19 Movie Under the Stars Due to all the rain in May & June this event was postponed. We have a new date and we hope that you all will be able to join us. Save the date September 21st and the movie will be Smokey and the Bandit. Just like you would get from the concession stand we will have hot dogs, popcorn, jumbo pickles and candy. The event will start at 6:00 at 16277 N 56th W Ave in Skiatook (Kevin and Sandra Walker’s home). We won’t start the movie till dusk so there will be plenty of time to visit. Bring your chairs and your favorite drink and let’s all have a great time.
    If you have an questions please let me know
    Terri Liles 918-639-2190

Some date to put on your calendar:
    9.07.19 Shrimp Boil – details to follow. Sign ups at the August and September meetings
    9.21.19 Tech Day – details to follow

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Bob Taylor.
    • This topic was modified 2 months ago by  Bob Taylor.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.